Personal injury claims: call for evidence - LAST CHANCE!
Wednesday 18 Apr 2012 08:05 AM
The government is seeking to reduce the costs that successful litigants can recover from defendants in personal injury (PI) claims. The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Justice has issued a call for evidence which outlines a number of proposals to achieve this aim. The deadline to respond to this request is 25 May 2012. The government's intention is to:
- reduce the current road traffic accident (RTA) portal fees because of efficiency savings and the ban on referral fees
- increase the limit on the value of claims that can be pursued through the RTA Portal from £10,000 to £25,000
- introduce an electronic portal process with fixed costs for public and employer liability claims with a value up to £25,000
- review the existing predictable costs regimes for cases that fall outside any portal scheme
- review the guideline hourly rates
Evidence must be received by 20th April 2012 to enable it to be reviewed and submitted before the 25th May deadline.
To complete the Law Society survey CLICK HERE