I meet frequently with the managers of the Salford Business Centre which operates the County Court Money Claim Service for the whole of England & Wales. In recent discussions they complained that many delays are being caused by mistakes by court users. I asked them to list the most frequent problems and they have prepared a list of 10 ways that solicitors can assist them. To download the TOP TEN CLICK HERE
I receive dozens of emails asking about process at Salford. For answers to frequently asked questions click here
For queries not covered in the FAQs, Contact Me I will do my best to respond but this may be a few days.
Changes from 19th March 2012
- A new telephone helpline 0300 123 1372 is available but ONLY for claims issued AFTER 19th March 2012. The helpline is based in Loughborough but can access the same case management system to answer queries. Please do not try to use the helpline on the off chance that they can handle pre 19th March queries as they cannot.
- All Part 7 proceedings should be sent to Salford directly for issue unless the proceedings are within the special provisions [click here for a summary of the new rules]. This can be done immediately if your local court is already using Salford to issue claims. The addresses to use are either:
Salford Business Centre
PO Box 527
Salford Business Centre
- Any subsequent documents (Defences, requests for judgment etc) should be sent to the same address
- Documents that do not need a fee when filed can be filed by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email enquiries should be sent to email@example.com
- The long awaited Payment by Account scheme will not be ready in time but it is in the late stages of the piloting process and should be rolled out over the Spring/Summer. Until then cheque payments must be used as normal. If you have not yet registered to pay court fees by account then you can do so by clicking here
- Claimants should retain one copy of the claim form as a sealed copy WILL NOT be sent to them, just the notice of issue.
- Claimants must indicate their PREFERRED COURT on the claim form
To see/download the new claim form and new small claims allocation questionnaire CLICK HERE
To help the business centre recognise that proceedings are to be returned to
solicitors for service, clearly mark the court copy SOLICITOR SERVICE
(it is worth buying a rubber stamp!)
For other queries, click my FAQ page or use the Contact Me link in the bar at the top of the page to ask me a specific question. I will do my best to answer you as quickly as I can.